Systeng Consulting is a strategic and technical consultancy focused on low carbon energy systems. We are dedicated to help public and private organisations match their strategic market goals and technological developments
Clients and partners can count on Systeng’s expertise in multiple areas such as:
– Technology and product development (project management).
– Systems engineering and integration.
– Technical due diligence.
– Technology assessments and techno-economic feasibility analyses.
Systeng Consulting offers you over 15 years experience in:
– Development of collaborative projects with customers and partners.
– Planning, scheduling and coordinating projects according to the clients’ needs.
– Management of international partners and subcontractors to successfully deliver the best outcome to clients.
Systeng Consulting provides specialized services including:
– Alignment of technology, product and business development strategies. Technology roadmaps and commercialization strategy.
– Development of collaborative projects. Public and private partnerships.
– Project and proposal preparation and review. De-risking of R&D grant funding process.
- Proof-of-concept of reversible electrolysis for energy storage and grid balancing applications (EU-funded GrInHy project), Boeing Research & Technology, 2015-ongoing
Role: consultant/technical lead ; responsible for (i) leading the design of the hydrogen purification & compression system; (ii) leading the techno-economic evaluation and development of business models; (iii) supporting the overall system design & basic engineering, commissioning & operation.
- Development of containerized mobile refueling system for aerospace application, Boeing Research & Technology, 2015-ongoing
Role: consultant/technical advisor; responsible for (i) coordinating a study to analyse the feasibility of liquid hydrogen supply (LH2) for aerospace applications; (ii) support the technical design of a ground-based LH2 refueling system and onboard energy storage.
- Project GasGrid: Technical & economic feasibility of injecting renewable hydrogen into the UK gas networks, ITM Power Plc, 2012-2013.
Role: consultant/lead investigator; responsible for undertaking a techno-economic feasibility study on (i) wind grid integration; (ii) injection of hydrogen into the UK gas network; (iii) hydrogen-fuelled gas turbines.
- Building Innovative Green Hydrogen systems in an Isolated Territory: a pilot for Europe (EU-funded BIG HIT project), Fundacion Hidrogeno Aragon, 2015-ongoing
Role: project manager; responsible for (i) project planning and delivery, including the development of an EU-funded H2020 proposal; (ii) responsible for project deployment and on-site project management activities; (iii) supporting UK and EU dissemination activities.
- Development of a customised hydrogen storage system for UAS applications, Boeing Research & Technology, 2014-ongoing.
Role: project manager; responsible for (i) coordinating a feasibility study to analyse different options for onboard hydrogen storage; (ii) leading the design of an onboard H2 storage system for mini-UAS applications.
- Solar-based microgrid system for low carbon energy & aerospace applications, Boeing Research & Technology, 2009-2014.
Role: project manager; supervision of design & construction of facilities, commissioning, test programs, permits and certification and management of all personnel; coordination with main client (Boeing US) and all project partners & subcontractors.
- Evaluation of projects & proposals for the European Space Agency, TEN-T/CEF and FCH Joint Undertaking Funding Programmes, European Commission, 2011-ongoing
Role: consultant/expert evaluator; responsible for reviewing technical proposals; assist EC Agencies (REA, INEA and FCH JU) in the selection of proposals for funding and monitoring of ongoing projects (mid-term reviews).
- Business development and strategic consultancy, Aragon Hydrogen Foundation, 2014-ongoing
Role: consultant/external advisor; responsible for UK business development, strategic steering & development of UK/EU commercial strategy; EU collaborative project delivery.
GOING BEYOND THE PROJECT: TRADE MISSION
- Integrated Hydrogen Production Platform for energy storage and low carbon transport applications (UK-funded Promise project), University of Glasgow, 2014 – 2015.
Role: consultant/commercial champion; responsible for (i) developing the technology roadmap and business plan to develop a commercial proposition (spin-off venture); (ii) overseeing systems engineering design and integration and test programs.